User fields in AutoCAD Electrical can be used for a variety of different reasons in AutoCAD Electrical. They are used to display information that isn’t captured within the standard AutoCAD Electrical attributes. In this example we will show how the User 1 field in AutoCAD Electrical was used to display an internal part number that is being used to search for components.
1. We are going to assume that all of the user 1 fields in the AutoCAD Electrical database have been populated with the correct internal part number.
2. The next step is to setup the mapping between the Item Number field inside of product stream and the USER1 field that will come in from AutoCAD Electrical.
3. To do this we will go in to productstream and go into the administration settings under the items tab. Once we are here we will click on the mapping button located near the bottom of the dialog box.
4. In the mapping dialog box we want to click on the “files to item” tab. Underneath this tab we want to located item property called “Number”.
5. Once this property has been located we want to click on the add button. This will bring up a list of file properties we can map to.
6. From this list we want to locate the “User1” property. Once this property has been found we want to click on the add button to add it to the mapped properties list.
7. Once this has been done we are now ready to add our AutoCAD Electrical drawings into the vault and extract the User1 field into the item number field. The following is an example of the item that shows the User1 value as the item number.
I would like to Thank Anil Chauhan, a co-worker at SolidCAD, for providing me with this article to post.